The science of drop testing plastic drums containing liquids
This article is long, but it’s an easy read with lots of pictures.
- an introduction to drop testing;
- an analysis of what happens during impact;
- theory of water hammer, impact stress, and impact energy;
- theory of stress distribution and the contributing factors that lead to product failures;
- the behaviour of crack propagation; and
- some common failure modes.
The article is downloadable here in pdf format.
If you have any questions, then please get in contact by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.